What to Look Forward to This Year at Sanibel's 4th of July Celebration
Jun 27, 2017 05:49PM
● Published by Melanie Heisinger
The City of Sanibel will be hosting an exciting all-day event to celebrate this year's Independence Day!
There is plenty to look forward to, from Free Pancake Breakfasts to a great firework show, there will be fun fro the whole family. Read on to find out when and where to go to join in the festivities.
What to expect in Sanibel for Tuesday, July 4th, 2017:
7 a.m. - 9 a.m. - Free Pancake Breakfast
Sanibel Community Church, 1740 Periwinkle Way
Info (239) 472-2684
9:30 a.m. - Independence Day Parade
"Preserving the Red, White, and Blue"
Parade Route begins at Tarpon Bay Road on Periwinkle Way to Casa Ybel Road.
Info (239) 246-2981
10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. - July 4th Celebration at Jerry's
(After Parade) Jerry's Shopping Center, 1700 Periwinkle Way
Water slide, food, & refreshments. Info (239) 472-9300
12 p.m. San-Cap Optimist Club's 38th Annual Road Rally
Timbers Restaurant, 703 Tarpon Bay Road
Info (239) 472-0836
9:00 p.m. - Fireworks Display (Rain or Shine)
The City of Sanibel is sponsoring the fireworks display this year. Fireworks will be launched from the north end terminus of Bailey Road. Best viewing of the fireworks display is from the Sanibel Causeway Islands and the bayside of Sanibel.
HOLIDAY SIDEWALK SALES
The following retailers and shopping centers have obtained an annual Retail Holiday Sidewalk Sales permit and may be holding special sidewalk sales over the holiday:
All content courtesy of the City of Sanibel Press Release.
- Olde Sanibel Shoppes, 630 Tarpon Bay Road
- Tahitian Gardens, 1975 Periwinkle Way
- Village Shops, 2340 Periwinkle Way
- Periwinkle Place, 2075 Periwinkle Way
- Huxter's Liquors, 1201 Periwinkle Way
- Gene's Books, 2365 Periwinkle Way
- Sanibel Sea School, 455 Periwinkle Way
- Heart of the Islands, 1616 Periwinkle Way
- Eileen Fisher, Inc, 2055 Periwinkle Way
- Whitney's Bait & Tackle, 1554 Periwinkle Way